The Car Wars team is equipped and ready to help our dealerships and partners. COVID-19 has surfaced unique challenges that will require proactive effort. The automotive industry has faced strong headwinds before, and we know dealerships who focus on the fundamentals will thrive. Our mission at Car Wars remains the same: we're here to help you own the phone.
We're working closely with dealers on simple updates to their phone routing and customer experience. Many of these features may be applicable to your dealerships as well. Here are a few options available inside Car Wars now:
- Custom phone greetings, bridges, or voicemails to reflect adjusted hours or department closures.
- Update call routing to agent cell phones or 3rd party call centers to ensure inbound calls always reach someone who can help.
- Inbound call whispers to ensure phone handlers know from where each call originated.
The phone is a critical tool in every single dealership department. Amidst the uncertainty, we're seeing many dealers buckle down on core traffic management processes and best practices. To quote one dealer: “We gotta go back to the basics.”
Here are some best practices for using the phone as a tool to stay resilient.
- Harvest your CRM for valuable, existing phone prospects.
- Every inbound call matters – use alerts to stay on top of hot opportunities or stranded callers.
- Every appointment matters – ensure every appointment receives a manager confirmation call.
- Define a no show follow up process or even offer to take a vehicle to your customer's home.
- Implement a morning process to dial back all customers who called during closed business hours.
- Use Outbound Click to Call in your CRM to verify that every customer from all lead sources is being followed up on in a timely manner, even if your agents are working remotely.
- Consider adjusting phone scripts to include your dealership's COVID-19 safety protocol, along with any other major offerings like service department vehicle pick up + drop off.
We are committed to doing everything possible to assist you. Reach out to the Car Wars Consulting team at 214-446-7867 to schedule a webinar for a detailed routing and process evaluation or for assistance implementing any adjustments or changes you need.
We will be engaged and learning alongside our dealer partners as the circumstances change. Tell us about market observations, your own best practices, or ways we can help you on the phone. We want to hear from you. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the conversation started.